Tuesday 24 May 2011

Quality v's quantity

Today I was told that if I kept going...(speaking up for animal rights, advocating as a vegan, posting blogs, posting notes etc etc..) I would end up living in a bubble with only my son, boyfriend, cousin and mother as friends....

This really upset me...I didn’t think I was a horrible or nasty person, I didn’t think my close friends would not want me around, sure I may not want to have dinner at a steak house or eat at a German restaurant  where giant pork knuckles are being served or do BBQ’s...but is there not other things we can do ???) or so I thought....

.
It’s true, I have closed of my old face book account of ‘500’ and my new account is only in the low 20’s...

It’s true I have spoken out, been raw at times, been honest about my feelings, anger and disgust, been  offensive in not ‘sugar coating’ any detail or worried about political correctness.....

I have shared my opinion and posted a lot of information (but I have not tagged anyone or forced it down anyone’s throat)

I don’t think I’m better than anyone else, I do think I have cared a little more to have sought out information, been open minded and willing to think outside of the conventional social square...


It’s true I have called people on it when they make silly claims and statements like:

I’m spiritual,

I love animals,

I could never give up meat, and I don’t have as strong beliefs as you (facts people, not beliefs)

Really, honestly these things can’t be claimed if you are going to turn around and eat or wear an animal...(take the responsibility and do some research on the industries and practises you are supporting and if you can still turn around and claim and believe to be spiritual or love animals when you have all this information..I will cook up and eat my own arm)

It’s true I have turned down dinner invitations when I know I’m going to have to sit and watch people eat meat (seriously you may as well cook up and eat my dog in front of me...it’s all the same..dog, cat, pig, cow, chicken...do you get the picture).

I mean, I know how much food takes part in social interactions with friends, so heart break aside maybe this is something I need to learn to deal with..........

It’s true, Sometimes I get frustrated and angry... with the ignorance, stupidity and unwillingness to take some form of responsibility



It’s true I purposely have not added people to my new account because I just don’t want to have to deal with their negativity

(Why do people feel like they need to justify their meat eating to me?)

Yes I want the world to turn vegan...

I know it’s never going to happen so go and eat your meal and leave me out of it...

I don’t need to hear  your justification, apologies or guilt  ...and further more putting me down or making fun of me doesn’t change the facts or my beliefs, I’ve been on your side of the fence, I was there 20 years ago and no amount of taunting or teasing will take me back......

‘You, as a non-vegan, must remember that most vegans thought, felt and ate like
you do. Everything you say, we know. So please, refrain from trying to
convince us that you are 'right'. Your reasons are just a bad reminder
of how we used to be. Vegans have left that pool of delusions and
outdated doctrines. Now it's your turn to do the same. By Anita
Mahdessian’






So.....what do I do, where do I go from here....



Do I just shut up and forget just to fit in and be popular again...

After all everybody loved super funky munty ravie graceie...she was popular...



Do I give up my beliefs, keep quiet, conform to popular social culture  for popularity and fear of living in a bubble with only a chosen few...



Do I care if my friends list went from 500 to 23......meh

Popularity is over rated, give me my bubble, my boyfriend, my son, my mum, my cousin and I’m sure their are going to be a few more peeps I pick up along the way....

I’ve always thought quality is far better than quantity....


No comments:

Post a Comment