Tuesday 17 May 2011

I don’t want to have a beef with anyone; i just want to be a vegetarian......

Seems I’ve been upsetting a few people of late...with my ‘radical’ views and opinions lol..... But....my friends...
There is a big difference between FACT, VIEWS and OPINION....
I do not try to change anyone or enforce my opinion, views or beliefs on people.
I merely post information and links etc... In the hope that the compassion in people will inspire them to make kinder choices and maybe open the doors to seek more information for themselves.

My aim is to share and pass on the information I have been given by others or have found for myself for the sole and simple goal of wanting a kinder world to live in....

This is my dream.....It’s that simple



But my dream it seems...has lately been making some people angry, uncomfortable and yes it's fair to say I've also offended some and upset others....





People should understand that I am only posting links to further information, to spread information or simply to state facts on some of the issues that I feel passionate about.



I'm not saying that I don't put a spin on the things I say with my own personal opinion ....off course I do...but it seems people get all emotional and can't distinguish between the two....being FACT and OPINION





So read and understand carefully because if you are going to criticise me, or get angry or personally attack me....I need you to be on a level playing field and not get fact and opinion mixed up.



I am not a bitch and I do not do, or say ,or live my life the way I do to be a difficult person.



I think the reason people get so upset with my links, posts, notes, blogs ect is because they don’t want to face the fact that they are part of a violent and vicious society.



No one wants to be told or shown or be reminded of the cruelty taking place that they are an indirect part of.....I get that....I do...but getting angry at me does not change the facts of the matter.... Getting angry at me when I post something to do with factory farming or the ‘FACTS’ of the dairy industry does not change the ‘FACTS’



So.....let me clear this up first;



I agree people that people should have the right to choose their own beliefs and follow whatever diet they like...as people should be free to make personal choices.



But a person choice should be just that....



'Personal'



So let me define a personal choice........



The effect of that choice should really only impact on the individual making the choice...with minimal impact to the people they love and to the rest of society......’PERSONAL’



Example;

You choose to wear clown shoes and dye your hair green, wear polka dotted bow tries (totally personal, not hurting or affecting anyone) go for your life...all good

TOTALLY A PERSONAL CHOICE – Bad fashion sense unless of course you are a clown...nevertheless PERSONAL.....





Smoking

Smoking is a personal choice to an extent (this one is a little more tricky)....

it can also have impact on the people you love if;

you smoke around them (passive smoking)

if you spend the family budget to support your habit,

if you get cancer and your family then have to pay for your medical bills as well as looking after you,

if you can’t play with your kids because you are unfit,

if your family suffer financially because you take days off work due to smoking related illnesses .....



Are you getting my drift so far.......



NOW



Eating meat, dairy or using animals for clothes, entertainment, experimentation



NOT PERSONAL CHOICE – NOT PERSONAL OPINION



I'm sick of hearing people say;



'It's my choice'

or

it’s a personal opinion;

in regards to eating meat or using animals for clothes, entertainment, experimentation.....



This is not a personal choice, it can’t be.... as it involves more than one living being (human and animal)

FACT – there are 2 separate parties in this equation



The animal obviously cannot speak or defend itself physically. FACT



But being that the animal is voiceless and defences, does not mean that it should not be considered in this equation....



Because using this logic means, that if a living being is weaker and unable to communicate we are free to exploit it, torture it, disrespect it and end its life at our will....



NO that is morally wrong.... ( this is my personal opinion, obviously in our society it is not deemed as morally wrong, check out factory farming practises)







Consider this:



When the animal arrives at the abattoir it has to be forced of the truck and onto the killing floor (i think that is a clear indication that the animal does have... if nothing else, the instinct to want to live and not want to feel pain) so I think it’s safe to say that the animals choice or personal opinion is that it wants to live regardless of the language barrier.



SO LET ME REPEAT THIS SO IT IS CLEAR IN YOUR MIND...



When a choice we make affects or involves another living being weather it is an animal or a person...

It is no longer a personal choice (this is not my opinion, this is a fact)



An animal suffering on a factory farm or being sent to a slaughter house is not

a personal opinion or a personal choice it is a FACT



FACT..... animals suffer and are killed.....

FACT.....slaughter houses are not friendly places where cows and pigs get belly rubs and cuddles...

FACT ....factory farming practices are inhumane and are operated for profit... (don’t believe me, take some responsibility, man up and follow some of my links or come for a visit to the dairy I live on and I’ll gladly take you on a tour....)



So yes... people should make whatever diet choices they like but when they bring another living being into the equation then it’s NO LONGER a personal choice....



Compassion should extend to all creatures....(my personal opinion)



I guess I just have this crazy idea in my head that it’s wrong to hurt animals...(my personal opinion)



OKAY NOW...



I hope you understand the flaw in the statement.



YOU choosing to eat meat is NOT a personal choice.. Animal +  human = two parties in this process.....



Yes it’s your choice but it is not personal...



YOU are part of a system that exploits tortures and kills other living beings...there is no way to sugar coat it...



Whether or not you see what goes on in slaughter houses or whether or not you see how these animals are made to suffer and live is not the point...



It happens and it’s a FACT....



Yes you are choosing for this to happen but by no means is this a personal choice that has not directly affected the life of another living breathing individual...Its the same as me beating my dog and saying that it’s ok to do so because it’s my personal choice to do it.....



So go ahead if you want to eat meat or eggs or dairy..... eat away..eat whatever the hell you like..but do not try and justify yourself by saying that it is a personal choice you have made and that you have the right to do so because your decision does not affect anyone else....

when clearly it does...

So don’t get all emotional and angry at me about it....

If you are comfortable with what goes on and you are a part of the practises that go along with your steak or meat lovers pizza then so be it...own it...



STOP getting angry at me when I post THE FACTS of where your food comes from and the FACTS on how much the animals suffer.....



AGREED.....



NOW let me throw in my personal opinion.....



The fact that you are commenting on my notes, blogs, links etc...mean that you have been exposed to the information....the fact that you are offended by it and feel the need to attack me and defend yourself means that that you are uncomfortable with it.



I personally find it hard to be around people that think it is okay for factory farming.

I know what goes on I see the animals suffer and I think anyone that can knowingly and willingly continue to consume meat and dairy products is a heartless and un compassionate person. (my opinion)



PUT IT THIS WAY

I love my animal brothers and sisters. They are innocent, peaceful, loyal andloving beings that are capable of love, sadness, joy, fear, pain and everyother emotion we have...

I cannot willingly or even indirectly be a party to any suffering and won’t stand for people making a mockery of their lives, pain or death....



TELL ME how do I, knowing what I know after all I have seen, read and experienced  then simply turn a blind eye and be accepting  of people that simply do not care, when they

will happily and blindly be a part of the system that causes so much pain and misery to so many.



DO you get where I’m coming from...

For example:

If i was to wear dog and cat fur and I’d  bought it from a dealer that kept dogs and cats confined to tiny cages were they could only stand up and sit down, where they were beaten and skinned alive..And i said to you...It’s my choice and I can wear cat and dog if I like..

Tell me..... Would you be comfortable with it..



Would you sit by me quietly and accept that I had no compassion for the animals that you call pets and have loved through childhood...would you turn a blind eye to me flaunting my cat and dog made jumpers and boots... Would you still want to be around me ....



Are you getting the point yet.....



IN my eyes 'we' are all created equal and have the right to pain free life....



AND ONE MORE THING..



I know that most people don’t really give a dam and will cover their ears and close their eyes and turn their backs on all other creatures because they simply can’t go without their steak or chicken or leather boots...

I’m not naive; I know I can’t change the world...

I know that no matter how much i rant and rave and try and show people what they are indirectly a part of that they will never share my beliefs.....

Some people simply do not have compassion...

Some people are comfortable with what happens to animals and don’t really care...

But I can’t live with that hey...

I don’t think animals should be hurt for our needs especially when they don’t need to be.

I have tried to share with you my knowledge and advocate for my animal brothers and sisters ( yes we share a high percentage of DNA with our animal friends...don’t believe me...check it out for yourself)

Don’t get me wrong I do understand that most people prefer to live dumbed down...it’s much

easier to be part of the mainstream and follow along blindly, i get that...but don't get the heartless attitude to the innocent creatures that have done nothing to deserve the miserable lives we expose them to just to meet the selfish needs of the human race... yet most humans will gladly be a part of the system the continues to exploit and harm them...

So next time you see a post from me and you feel the need to attack me remember I’ve done nothing more than tried to share some information..

It's almost like you people want me to forget everything I know that happens to animals before they become meat and not care about it.

I can't do that hey...even when everyone else in the world around me is comfortable with it..I still can't do it...

It's not in my heart to forget or ignore what I know happens everyday...and if people don't like me or want to be my friend...I don't really care...I would rather have 1 quality good hearted person around me than a bunch of selfish hypocrites....










No comments:

Post a Comment